After 95 days of lock-down, the museum opened the gates again before the public at noon on 18. 06. 2020.
In order to operate safely, the museum has decreased its capacity and introduced new protective measures in response to the epidemiological situation, therefore the general opening hours and visiting regulations are modified as follows.
TEMPORARY OPENING HOURS
ATTENTION! CHANGED OPENING HOURS!
MONDAY – FRIDAY: CLOSED (group with registration only)
SATURDAY: 10:00 – 19:00 – last tour starts at 18:00 (no group registration accepted)
SUNDAY: 10:00 – 18:00 – last tour starts at 17:00 (no group registration accepted)
From 03/11/2020, enhanced health protection measures will come into force. We are only open on weekends for individual visitors. Wearing a mask is mandatory. Please buy your tickets for the selected program online in advance under SHOP menu.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Only pre-registered groups are accepted on weekdays. Between the groups, we perform the disinfection of the museum’s public spaces.
PROGRAMS AND AVAILABILITY:
60-minute-long Hungarian guided historical walks are scheduled every hour on the hour.
English guided tours are available only in case of free capacity. Disposable paper guide in 6 languages (English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish) are available for those who join any of the Hungarian tours. Audioguides are temporarily out of service.
Group size: from 01. 09. 2020. maximum 10 visitors/group
HEALTH PROTECTION MEASURES:
- Please do wear a mask or a scarf that covers your nose and mouth when you are inside the Museum.
- Feel free to use the hand sanitizers upon arrival, wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.
- Our colleagues will be wearing face shields / masks.
- The exhibition area is not limited or decreased, therefore we call your attention to keep 1,5 m safety distance from each other when visiting.
- Common areas, such as the entrance hall and the bathrooms, are sanitized more frequently daytime, while at night operate ozone generators sterilize these premises. Hands sanitizers are available at the entrance hall and bathrooms for public use.
- You can pay only with credit card.
Vouchers expiring between 15. 03. 2020 and 01.07.2020 will be accepted until 30.09.2020.
The Hospital in the Rock Nuclear Bunker Museum is doing its best to spread all the available information in the upcoming transition period, take actions when needed, and ensure compliance with relevant provisions. On 18. 03. 2020 the Government withdrew the “state of emergency” and introduced the state of “pandemic preparedness” across the entire country.
Protective measures and recommendations are regularly reviewed and scrutinized by the management taking into account the relevant provisions, as well as our guests’ and colleagues’ feedback. Suitable changes and modifications will be introduced accordingly.