We would like to kindly inform you that between 6 January and 29 February 2020 some rooms of the museum will be under reconstruction. Due to the renovation works the accessibility of the exhibition area will be limited. Certain premises will be accessible only by walk through narrow corridors and staircases. For further information please call us between 10:00 and 17:00 on the following number: +36 70 7 010101 , extension number: 0.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Opening hours and program schedule
- We are open every day, from Monday to Sunday.
- English guided tours depart every hour on the hour between 10:00- 19:00, spaces are sold in the order of arrival.
- During peak season (May – October), we add extra English guided tours, departing every 30 minutes between 12:00-17:00.
- The last English guided tour departs at 19:00
- Gates are closed at 19:00
The museum reserves the right for changes!
The museum is CLOSED on:
- 1 November
- 24-25 and 31 December
- 1 January
The opening hours / visiting hours on the days below are changed:
- Night of Museums
- National Holidays (15 March, 20, August, 23 October)
Visiting is organised as usual on all other days of the year.
Museum and program structure
Due to safety regulations the museum can be visited in professional guided programs. The programs depart every hour on the hour (within opening hours) in separate groups in English and Hungarian. As an individual visitor (coming individually or in small groups below 10 people) you can join these groups without previous registration in the order of arrival.
As the museum is underground, its capacity is limited, there is maximum headcount for each group: 25 visitors / group. There is no minimum headcount.
Groups of 10 – 14 are required to register themselves to an individual group via e-mail at least 2 working days prior to the visit at firstname.lastname@example.org or register as a VIP group. Registration is not valid until it is not confirmed by the museum via e-mail!
Groups of 15 or more must register via e-mail or through the website at least 2 working days prior to the visit by clicking on GROUP. Registration is not valid until it is not confirmed by the museum via e-mail! For further information please press HERE.
You can find further information about our programs, such as interactive tours, incentive team building activities, history lessons HERE. We can organize ordinary programs (e.g. historical walking tours) in other languages, such as Italian, Spanish, French and German upon request. Extra language cost: + 5000 HUF / group.
Due to the thematic structure and vivid presentation of the museum, taking part is not allowed under 6 years of age, and is not recommended under 12. Children under 12 years of age need parental/adult agreement and supervision.
The price list is valid from 02. 01. 2020. and VAT and the professional guide for the 60 minutes long program (English or Hungarian) is included in the program fee. We kindly inform you that ID proof is required for discount prices.
Adult: 4000 Ft
Student: 3000 Ft
between 19 – 26 years with valid international student identity card (ISIC Card)
Senior: 3000 Ft
65 – 69 years of age (for EU citizens)
65 + years of age (for non-EU citizens)
Family: 4000 Ft
1 child (between 6 – 18 years) per adult is free
Child: 2000 Ft
individual child fee (between 6 – 18 years)
Budapest Card: 2800 Ft
Programcentrum (Hop On / Hop Off) coupon / Guide.me app: 2800 Ft
Special fee: 1 Ft
- EU citizens above 70 years of age
- Teachers of public education within the EU with teacher ID
- The disabled and their helper (maximum 1 person per qualified individual)
- Those entitled on the basis of international treaties, e.g. ICOM members
Group discounts (group of 15 or more)
- We give 10% discount from the total default service fee for pre-registered groups of 15 or more people
Health care and armed forces groups:
Pre-regestered health care and armed forces groups (of 15 or more people) receive 50% from the adult service fee.
- Armed forces: Soldiers, Police, Fire Brigade, FEMA , Civil Defence, etc.
- Health Care workers: Doctors, Nurses, Ambulance Staff, Health Care Employees, etc.
Due to safety rules the museum can be visited in guided walking tours only. The maximum capacity of a tour is 25 visitors (minimum headcount: 1 person). Spaces are sold in the order of arrival. In case a tour is full, you can join the next available one.
Visiting is not allowed under 6 years of age, not recommended under 12. Children between 6 and 12 years of age need parental/adult agreement and supervision.
English history walks depart every hour on the hour between 10:00-19:00, every day. During peak season (May – October), extra English tours are scheduled between 12:00-17:00, departing every 30 minutes . Last English program starts at 19:00. Duration: 60 minutes.
The museum reserves the right for changes.
It is not allowed to take any pictures, videos or to do voice recordings during the tour. It is not possible to buy photo ticket.
If you already have your ticket, please arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour starts to have your ticket checked, thank you!
- If you come with a small group (10-14 visitors), please send us an e-mail (email@example.com) or register for a VIP tour at least 2 working day prior to the planned visit by clicking HERE.
- If you come with a group of 15 or more people, please register at least 2 working day prior to the planned visit by clicking on GROUPS.
Due to the thematic structure and vivid presentation of the museum, visiting is not allowed under 6 years of age, and it is not recommended under 12. Children between 6 and 12 years of age need parental/adult agreement and supervision.